TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I know very little about many things in life.
People Seeking Info

Subject I know very little about many things in life.

Posted by flashstar on June 22, 2015 at 2:18 AM
  This message has been viewed 361 times.

In Reply To why are you asking us?!? ... your mind is made up posted by vorpalZ on June 21, 2015 at 11:42 PM

Message I will publish my results when I get my engine running. I will only have final dyno results though. :( I would be happy to pull up dyno results from NAs with similar mods (but without ported NA heads) for comparison. We'll see if this combination of modifications does make a substantial performance difference. I'll try to get dyno data with different cam gear tuning. I've spent 5 months total working on these heads. It's a good break from software and server deployments.

I'm glad you're finally getting back on topic. This is a serious question. How much can you increase spring pressure and camshaft lift/duration before oem belt stretch becomes a problem? Fyi, I purchased an OEM belt then remembered that it appeared to have more tension near/between the cam gears. I'm returning that belt and picking up a PE belt just to be safe.

The lifter experience has taught me that strange things can happen when you leave an OEM setup. This brings me back to the digression on wrist pins and piston strength.

Who are "we" by the way?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.